Thursday, September 1, 2011

Postcards from Australia - Newport Beach - 1969

Newport NSW
(Looking south along Newport Beach this popular residential and holiday resort is renowned for it's excellent surfing facilities.)

From:-  Rosie, my Mum.

Thinking of coming home soon?

                                        -------------------------------------------------------

Surf Boats.
(A familiar sight at most Australian surf beaches is the launching of surf boats, either for rescue operations or competition between surf life-saving clubs.)


From:- Mama, my Grandmother.

Letter following shortly.  Busy getting place ready for Christmas, not much news around.  Hope you are still having lovely trips.  Your wallpaper * still up.  Love Mama.

(Before I left for England, I lived in one of my Grandmothers bedrooms, she lived next door but one to Mum and Dad, I totally wallpapered one wall using magazine photos of all sorts of things.  These magazine pages were stuck onto long rolls of butchers paper so easily moved.)
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: